I am off on a trip. The heaviest luggage packed? My thoughts. Those silly things make it the hardest to leave sometimes! This is a time to roadtrip with my family though… a time for laughter, music, pictures, beautiful sights, and lovely friends to see along the way. So while my thoughts of late have been worthwhile, I want to mainly set them aside and let myself just relax and be in this summery, sunshiny moment.
A few truths friends (counting books) have reminded me of lately:
- Fear is the opposite of faith in Christ. To have trusting faith in Christ is to be liberated of the fear Satan held us captive in.
- God is a promise maker AND a promise keeper. (Remember the rainbow after the storm?)
- God is in the business of bringing us to him. He desires us to be in a relationship with him and so he pursues our hearts. Love is waiting for its acceptance.
- We can know peace as we rest knowing God is in control, he cares about us, and he’s aware of who we are and what we need. (Rom. 8:32)
- We will know God’s guidance for us when we humbly ask, patiently wait, and quietly listen for it. (Prov. 3:5-7)
- A faithful friend is a strong defense. (This one’s from a fortune cookie, but who cares, I still count it as a good truth!)
Here’s something I found on Pinterest just to make you smile.
I will return in a few days.